For questions and information regarding GoAnywhere OpenPGP Studio
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:19 am
When trying to install from the downloaded Mac OS X .dmg disk image file, after double-clicking on the installer, I get the message
"GoAnywhere OpenPGP Studio Installer" is damage and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
This happens whether I try from the one on the mounted disk image file itself, or alternatively try to copy it from the mounted disk image to the desktop before double-clicking on it.
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:15 am
- Location: Ashland, NE
A few cases of this have been reported which appear to be specific to Mountain Lion 10.8. You will need to adjust your security settings to allow installation of all applications, including those downloaded from the internet. Making this change should resolve your problem and allow the installation to proceed.
1. Open the System Preferences. This can be done by either clicking on the System Preferences icon in the Dock or by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences.
2. Open the Security & Privacy pane by clicking Security & Privacy.
3. Make sure that the General section of the the Security & Privacy pane is selected. Click the icon labeled Click the lock to prevent further changes.
4. Enter your username and password into the prompt that appears and click Unlock.
5. Under the section labeled Allow applications downloaded from:, select Anywhere. On the prompt that appears, click Allow From Anywhere.
6. Exit System Preferences by clicking the red button in the upper left of the window. You should now be able to install GoAnywhere OpenPGP Studio as well other applications downloaded from the internet.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 am
Important Note: After having installed and launched GoAnywhere OpenPGP Studio for the 1st time, if you needed to adjust your Sandbox settings as described above, it is safe to turn them on again - GAOPGPS only needs them turned off for its install and 1st launch.
In fact, it's well enough to toggle the setting in the Preference Pane (as described above) but leave the Preference Pane open; install and launch GAOPGPS; turn the setting back on; and only _then_ close the Preference Pane.
Return to “GoAnywhere OpenPGP Studio”