View some of the Frequently Asked Questions to our support staff. Included are some tips and tricks making this forum ideal for users getting started with GoAnywhere MFT. Note: Users can reply to existing topics but only our support staff can add new topics to this forum.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 am
When connecting GoAnywhere to an LDAP server it is possible to receive different error and data codes. Here is a list of common LDAP error codes and their meanings:
0 - LDAP_SUCCESS
2 - LDAP_PROTOCOL_ERROR
49 - LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS
- 52e - Invalid credentials
- Data code 52e points to invalid credentials either for the user logging into GoAnywhere MFT or the user authenticating against the LDAP server on the Login Method. Be sure to check credentials in both places.
- Be sure to also include the fully qualified path or the domain/username syntax for specifying a user to authenticate to the LDAP server. If the user has not been fully qualified, the 52e data code will also be thrown.
- 525 - User not found
- 530 - Not permitted to logon at this time
- 531 - Not permitted to logon at this workstation
- 532 - Password expired
- 533 - Account disabled
- 701 - Account expired
- 773 - User must reset password
- 775 - User account locked
50 - LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS
51 - LDAP_BUSY
52 - LDAP_UNAVAILABLE
80 - LDAP_OTHER
Return to “Knowledge Center”