Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere Director and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:47 pm
The documentation for Director 4.6.1 mentions Folder Variables.
What are the steps required for promoting Folder variables?
Where are the Folder variables actually stored?
What are the performance implications of using folder variables?
If you have folder variable on the root project folder, and that variable is over 300 characters long, will that generate excessive overhead for every project?
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:12 am
1. Folder Variables cannot be promoted on their own. Instead, use the Folder drop down menu in the Project sub menu to Export the entire Project Folder. You will be presented with an option to include the Folder Variables. Then import the zip file into the other server.
2. Folder variables are stored in the database.
3. There are no performance implications of a Folder Variable. They are instantiated the same as any other variable in a project.
4. A 300 character variable will not cause any overhead on a project.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
Return to “Community Forum”