View some of the Frequently Asked Questions to our support staff. Included are some tips and tricks making this forum ideal for users getting started with GoAnywhere MFT. Note: Users can reply to existing topics but only our support staff can add new topics to this forum.
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:12 am
Setting up a server on Amazon EC2 for GoAnywhere MFT or GoAnywhere Gateway is a quick and easy process. Follow the steps below to create a new instance:
- Log in to the Amazon AWS console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ with your Amazon username and password.
- From the main menu bar, choose Services, and then choose EC2 from the Compute subsection.
- On the EC2 Dashboard, click the Launch Instance button.
- Select an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) type. GoAnywhere MFT and Gateway support each available Windows and Linux operating system listed.
- Choose an instance configuration (CPU, memory, and network performance) that will support your file transfer and workflow automation requirements. Click the Next: Configure Instance Details button.
- Configure the instance’s network settings, and then click the Next: Add Storage button.
- Configure the instance’s storage settings, and then click the Review and Launch button.
- Review the details, and then click Launch. If you have not created an SSH key pair that Amazon will use to authenticate you to the instance, you will be prompted to create one now.
- Click the View Instances button to see the status of the instance you just created.
- Once the instance is ready, click the Connect button to connect to the instance and install GoAnywhere MFT or GoAnywhere Gateway.
A detailed getting started tutorial can be found on Amazon’s website by clicking on the following link: https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/ ... l-machine/
Return to “Knowledge Center”