Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:21 pm
Setting up a server on Microsoft Azure for GoAnywhere MFT or GoAnywhere Gateway is a quick and easy process. Follow the steps below to create a new instance:
- Log in to the Azure portal at https://portal.azure.com with your Azure username and password.
- Click the Show Menu icon to expand the menu titles.
- From the side menu, select the Resource Groups option, and verify you have a resource group where GoAnywhere will be installed. If not, click the Add button to create a resource group.
- From the side menu, select the Virtual Machines option.
- Click the Add button to add a new Virtual Machine.
- Select a virtual machine instance type, select a specific operating system version, and then click the Create button.
- Step through the four main configuration options; Basic, Size, Settings, and Summary, and then click OK.
- Azure will create the virtual machine. When the VM has been created, the status will change to Running.
- Once ready, click the Virtual Machines option on the left.
- Select your VM and then click the Connect button to connect to the VM and install GoAnywhere MFT or GoAnywhere Gateway.