During a GoFast file transfer, a secure SSL control channel is first established over TCP for sending commands between the GoFast client and server. Files are then broken into parts and transferred over UDP data channels. File parts can optionally be compressed with ZLIB compression to minimize the bandwidth utilized. These parts can also be encrypted using the AES cipher to preserve the integrity and confidentiality of the data transferred.
Configuring the GoFast Server
Before you can use GoFast for file transfers, you must first enable and configure the service.
- 1. Configure the listeners, ports and upload restrictions of the GoFast service.
- 2. Enable GoFast and configure the memory allocation and overflow directory on the System > Global Settings page under the GoFast tab.
Configuring Web Users for GoFast
Before using the service, a Web User must have the GoFast feature enabled and authentication settings configured.
- 1. Add or edit a Web User account from the Web User's page.
- 2. On the Authentication tab, specify how the user will authenticate to GoFast (for example, user name and password).
The GoFast client will connect to a GoFast server using a previously configured Web User account. See the GoFast Server Resource topic for detailed instructions on how to set up a new GoFast transfer with host address, port number, and user credentials. Using the GoFast Task in Projects
The GoFast Project Task can be used to download files, upload files, and create file lists. Follow the steps below to configure a Project to upload or download files using GoFast.
- 1. Login to GoAnywhere as an Admin User with the Project Designer role.
- 2. On the main menu bar, click Projects and select the folder for the new Project.
- 3. In the page toolbar, click Create a Project icon Create a Project, specify a Project Name, and then click Save.
- 4. From within the Project Designer page, expand the File Transfer folder in the Component Library, and then drag the GoFast task to the Project Outline.
- 5. Within the GoFast Task page:
Select the GoFast resource created previously from the drop-down list.
Click the Add button and select the Download Files or Upload Files menu item.
On the Download or Upload Files element, specify values for the following attributes:
Source File - The file path and file name of a single file to transfer.
Source File Sets - Optionally, you can define a File Set that contains a list of files to be transferred.
Destination File - The destination file when transferring a single file.
Destination Directory - The directory path to which the files will be transferred.
Click on the Transfer Options panel and specify values for the following fields:
Encryption Method - Specify the encryption method to protect the transmission of the data.
Compression Level - Specify the compression level to minimize the bandwidth requirements for the transmission.
Click the Save button iconSave button when finished.
Senior Support Analyst
w. GoAnywhere.com | HelpSystems.com