Why don't we see the administrator ports binding to the IPv4 interface? We believe we have this configured correctly, but the admin ports are only binding to the IPv6 interface:
[root@goanywhere-mft ~]# netstat -na | grep -i listen
tcp6 0 0 :::8000 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 :::8001 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 127.0.0.1:8005 :::* LISTEN
The IP version preferences for GoAnywhere are directly obtained from Java. GoAnywhere is binding to IPv6 over IPv4 because the Java that GoAnywhere is running on is preferring IPv6 over IPv4. To override this setting, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the GoAnywhere’s [Installation directory]\tomcat\bin folder and run GoAnywherew.exe as administrator.
2. NOTE: This may also be GoAnywhereServicesw.exe if MFT was previously a GoAnywhere Services instance.
3. In the menu that appears, click into the Java tab and insert the following at the end of the Java Options field:
4. Click Apply and OK.
5. Restart the GoAnywhere service for the changes to take effect.
Linux/Unix and AS400:
1. Navigate to the GoAnywhere’s [Installation directory]/tomcat/bin folder and edit the start_tomcat.sh file.
2. Add '-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true' to the JAVA_OPTS section at the beginning of the file.
NOTE: The option line should look similar to this:
JAVA_OPTS='-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -XX:-UseVMInterruptibleIO'
3. Save the file.
4. Restart the GoAnywhere service/subsystem for the changes to take effect.