View some of the Frequently Asked Questions to our support staff. Included are some tips and tricks making this forum ideal for users getting started with GoAnywhere MFT. Note: Users can reply to existing topics but only our support staff can add new topics to this forum.
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:45 pm
While database drivers for most popular databases are shipped with GoAnywhere, occasionally you may want to connect to a database for which no pre-installed driver exists. To install a driver for a database:
- Obtain the JDBC driver from your database vendor or driver vendor
- Stop the GoAnywhere Service/Subsystem
- Copy the driver files (typically shipped as one or more JAR files) to the system where GoAnywhere is installed. The location to copy is GA_INSTALL_DIR/WebRoot/WEB-INF/lib.
- Restart GoAnywhere Service/Subsystem
- Log in to GoAnywhere
- Click on Resources
- Click on the Database Servers in the list on the left side
- Click on Add Database Resource
- In the JDBC Driver field, type in the driver's class name.
Please refer to the JDBC driver's documentation to find the driver class.
- In the JDBC URL field, type in the URL for that JDBC driver.
The URL format is driver dependent, so please refer to the driver's documentation to get the correct syntax or use the JDBC URL Wizard helper tool.
- Enter the database User Name and Password for logging into the database
- Click on Test button to see if the database connection goes through.
Click on the Save and Close Resource button to save the Resource definition. You should now be able to use this Resource in SQL Task to execute queries against the database.
Return to “Knowledge Center”