View some of the Frequently Asked Questions to our support staff. Included are some tips and tricks making this forum ideal for users getting started with GoAnywhere Director. Note: Users can reply to existing topics but only our support staff can add new topics to this forum.
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:49 pm
GoAnywhere currently (as of version 2.1.0) bundles JDBC drivers for SQL Server 2005/2000. We are in the process of bundling the JDBC Driver for SQL Server 2008 in the next release. Until then, if you need to connect to a SQL Server 2008 database –
- Download the JDBC Driver for SQL Server 2008 from the Microsoft’s web site, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en. This URL may change down the road, in which case make sure to download the product, Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0.
- On the EULA (End User License Agreement) page, you will have options to download either the Windows version of the driver (exe) or the UNIX version (tar.gz) of the driver
- If you are downloading from a Windows PC, download the Windows version
- Install/uncomress the downloaded file
- Stop GoAnywhere service/subsystem
- Navigate to the directory where you have installed/uncompressed the new driver
- Navigate to the sub-directory, enu.
- Copy the file named sqljdbc.jar (DO NOT use the sqljdbc4.jar) to the system where GoAnywhere is installed. The location to copy is [INSTALL_DIR]/WebRoot/WEB-INF/lib. Where [INSTALL_DIR] is the directory where GoAnywhere is installed. There is already a file with the same name under this folder. If you want to be extra cautious, backup the existing file to a different location before overwriting it with the new file.
- Start the GoAnywhere service/subsystem
- Now create a resource using the pre-listed driver SQL Server com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver, which will use the new driver we have copied in step 8.
NOTE: The new driver also works with SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2000.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 8:59 am
The JDBC driver for SQL Server 2008 has been bundled with GoAnywhere version 2.3.0.
Return to “Knowledge Center”