Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere Director and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:42 am
I am looking for a simplified method to allow a job to run on the 5th Business day. The calendar method will trigger the next business day, when the 5th is a non-business day. But what about when days 1-4 are a non business day?
Outside of creating mutliple scheudles to perform a business day check, can this be done in one scheduled event?
Thanks in advance.
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
The way I would do this is to create a spreadsheet or table that has valid dates (01/05/15,02/05/15,03/05/15, etc) in it .. then run the project daily at the desired time, checking the table to see if today is a valid date. If not, exit Project. This allows you to run the dates continuously out into the future (several years if needed) and use them for specific validation.
Combine this with a Holiday/Non-Business calendar and you could achieve what you're looking for.
Lead Solutions Consultant
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:59 pm
There are a couple of alternatives using the custom holiday calendar option.
1) Create a custom holiday calendar with the 1st 4 buisness days of each month marked as holidays. Then create a Schedule using that calendar that runs on the 1st or next buisness day.
IE (October 2016): You would mark the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th as holidays and it would skip over these days and run on the 7th.
2) A little more complicated but fewer calendar entries would be to create a custom calendar where for each month any nonbuisness days before the 5th are added in on or after the 5th. Then create a Schedule using that calendar that runs on the 5th or next buisness day.
IE (October 2016): You would mark the 5th and 6th as holidays and it would skip over these days and run on the 7th.
Return to “Community Forum”