View some of the Frequently Asked Questions to our support staff. Included are some tips and tricks making this forum ideal for users getting started with GoAnywhere MFT. Note: Users can reply to existing topics but only our support staff can add new topics to this forum.
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
SQL Server supports SQL and Windows based authentication. If Windows (Integrated) authentication is the preferred method to connect to SQL Server then GoAnywhere must be installed on Windows as well.
Follow the instructions below to connect to SQL Server using Windows authentication:
1) Download and locate the sqljdbc_auth.dll file. This file is located in the jdbc driver pack and can be downloaded from Microsoft's website.
2) Place this .dll file in the [installationDirectory]\jre\bin folder. e.g. C:\program files\linoma software\goanywhere\jre\bin.
3) Open up the Windows Services and right click on the 'GoAnywhere' service and view the properties. The credentials that start the Windows service will need to be given permission on the SQL Server for Integrated Authentication.
4) With SQL server permission and the .dll file in the \bin folder you will need to restart the 'GoAnywhere' service.
5) Open an internet browser and login into GoAnywhere.
6) Navigate to Resources -> Database Servers and either add or edit a server.
7) At the end of the JDBC URL field append the following ;integratedSecurity=true. Note: You will need to select the SQL 2008 driver rather than the older 2000 version.
Lead Solutions Consultant
Return to “Knowledge Center”