If you have a new question you’d like our support staff to post a response to, please visit our customer community, Data Security Insiders, to pose the question in our Discussion Boards. We have a thread “Ask Our Tech Experts” that our support team monitors on a regular basis, or you can start a new discussion where other GoAnywhere users and support staff can weigh in. Log in or create your new account at https://insiders.helpsystems.com/sign_in
If you need an immediate response, please create a support ticket or contact our support team by email at [email protected]
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 2:16 pm
The fastest way to quickly create a workflow is by using a project template.
A template contains all the tasks needed to complete a workflow, such as getting data from a database, converting it to an Excel file, encrypting the data, and moving the encrypted file to an FTP server. GoAnywhere MFT ships with over 40 different templates to choose from.
In addition to adding all the necessary tasks, the template also pre-populates the required fields to execute the workflow.
Follow these steps to use a template:
1. Navigate to Workflows > Projects.
2. Click Create a Project.
3. Select the dropdown next to the Template field. All 40+ templates will appear.
4. Choose the template that closely matches the workflow you want to create.
5. Give the project a name, then click Save.
6. The tasks to complete your workflow will appear in the Project Outline. Click each task to customize it.
You can learn more about project templates by launching our in-product help. Click the “?” icon that appears on the toolbar in GoAnywhere MFT and navigate to “Workflows > Project Explorer > Creating Projects.”
Return to “Community Forum”