If you have a new question you’d like our support staff to post a response to, please visit our customer community, GoAnywhere Insiders, to pose the question in our Discussion Boards. We have a thread “Ask Our Tech Experts” that our support team monitors on a regular basis, or you can start a new discussion where other GoAnywhere users and support staff can weigh in. Log in or create your new account at https://insiders.goanywhere.com
If you need an immediate response, please create a support ticket or contact our support team by email at [email protected]
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 2:16 pm
Whether you're working with PHI, cardholder data, or anything else that could be defined as “sensitive,” it’s critical that data is encrypted in transit and at rest. GoAnywhere MFT gives you the option to designate a folder within your network as an encrypted folder.
This means that a file placed into the folder while using GoAnywhere will be automatically protected using AES 256-bit encryption. Access to the file from outside GoAnywhere will result in encrypted (unreadable) data.
Follow these steps to set up an encrypted folder:
1. Navigate to Encryption > Encrypted Folders.
2. Click + Add Folder.
3. Browse to the desired folder location (local or network). Note: This folder cannot be inside the GoAnywhere installation folder structure.
4. Leave the Key Generation set to “Random,” then click Next.
5. (Optional) Select the backup checkbox and location for a backup zip file.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Activate. This encrypts any documents already in the target folder and activates for encryption any new documents being placed into that folder from within GoAnywhere.
Return to “Community Forum”