This means that a file placed into the folder while using GoAnywhere will be automatically protected using AES 256-bit encryption. Access to the file from outside GoAnywhere will result in encrypted (unreadable) data.
Follow these steps to set up an encrypted folder:
1. Navigate to Encryption > Encrypted Folders.
2. Click + Add Folder.
3. Browse to the desired folder location (local or network). Note: This folder cannot be inside the GoAnywhere installation folder structure.
4. Leave the Key Generation set to “Random,” then click Next.
5. (Optional) Select the backup checkbox and location for a backup zip file.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Activate. This encrypts any documents already in the target folder and activates for encryption any new documents being placed into that folder from within GoAnywhere.