I have a project that retrieves a file from the IBMi into my workspace using FTP. I then have a mergefiles task that should take the file and append the data to an existing file on a SQL server (if it already exists) or create a new file. The IBMi file is a "flat" file but contains some hex values within each row. The data I receive on SQL is garbage (unreadable).
This is a re-work of a process on the IBMi that uses FTP directly between the two systems. I think if I can merge the data as ASCII it might work (it does in the original version). How can I change this to ASCII instead of binary? I'd rather not re-write the IBMi file creation process.
Please provide more information.
- Is the source file in a library or in the IFS?
- Is the destination file a database file or a stream file?
- What process are you using to merge the data once it’s on the destination system?
- Is the file into which you’re merging the data a database or stream file?
- Are the hex characters always in the same location in the source file?
- What, exactly, did your original process do?
- FTP from iSeries physical file to SQL Server data base file?
- From iSeries physical to SQL Server stream file?
- From IFS file to SQL Server database?
- From IFS to SQL Server stream file?
- Something else that I’ve not mentioned?
Thanks - Jon