GoDrive for Windows
GoDrive for Windows Release Notes
November 1, 2018 - Version 2.5.0
- Upgraded the type of file system mount used by GoDrive to avoid issues if legacy mounts are disabled.
- Fixed multiple issues related to Microsoft Office documents being corrupt, leaving behind temporary files, or causing GoDrive to go into Read Only mode.
- Fixed an issue where conflicting folder names could cause GoDrive to go into Read Only mode.
- Fixed an issue where changing a user’s permission to a shared file/folder could cause GoDrive to go into Read Only mode in specific scenarios.
May 22, 2018 - Version 2.4.1
- Fixed an issue where editing Microsoft Office documents would result in a conflict file instead of a new revision.
April 13, 2018 - Version 2.4.0
- Updated the uninstall process to notify the server that the device has been deactivated.
- Improved the stability of the Activity window.
- Improved the responsiveness of GoDrive when there is a lot of activity.
- Updated the validation when changing the account password.
- Modified the registration process so the URL is persisted when using the Back button.
- Improved the error handling when attempting to mount the drive to a drive letter that is already taken.
February 20, 2018 - Version 2.3.0
- Added a new feature to allow an account to not start automatically when the application starts.
- Changed the scroll bar on the list of accounts in the Manage Accounts window so it only shows up when needed.
- Improved validation during the registration process.
- Fixed an application crash that would occur when stopping an account while transferring a file.
- Fixed an application crash that would occur when clearing account activity while the account is syncing.
October 13, 2017 - Version 2.2.0
- Rebranded GoDrive for Windows as a HelpSystems product.
- Increased the account User Name field length from 20 to 64 characters.
February 21, 2017 – Version 2.1.0
- Added the ability to pass connection settings as parameters to the silent installer.
November 17, 2016 – Version 2.0.0
- Added the ability to use Windows Authentication for Single Sign-On which eliminates the need for password updates in the GoDrive for Windows client when a user's network password changes.
May 24, 2016 – Version 1.2.0
- Upgraded the Callback File System to version 5.1.164 which addresses an occasional mount media issue on Windows 10.
- Added an ability to clear recent activity messages from context menu.
- Added an ability to automatically recover from a corrupt file storage
- Added missing ‘About’ window which is a quick way to find application’s version and copyright information.
- Improved notification messages and toast messages for Windows 10.
- Improved user input validation
December 21, 2015 – Version 1.1.1
- Fixed a memory leak that could potentially lead to application crashes due to "Out of Memory" errors when syncing a large number of files.
December 7, 2015 – Version 1.1.0
- Enhanced the UI to provide a more unified look and feel of GoDrive clients across all platforms.
- Added a new unified notification window to allow more information to be displayed for sync actions and interactive context for those actions.
- Added transfer progress notification for files synced between the GoAnywhere MFT Server and GoDrive Client.
- Added file type icons for each known type in the notification window.
- Enhanced the file sync messages to allow a file or folder to be opened from the notification window.
- Enhanced the Share Invitation notification to display the file being shared, the person sharing the file, and the date the file was shared.
- Enhanced the auto-reconnect process when connection to the server is lost.
- Enhanced the Manage Accounts window to be more informative and allow managing all accounts from a single window.
- Added a permission check on move/rename actions prior to notifying the server.
- Added process to clean up roles associated with an account when that account is removed.
- Fixed an issue with the installer that could prevent the Callback File System (CBFS) drivers from being updated.
October 22, 2015 – Version 1.0.5
- Fixed an issue where the file size and end of file was not being updated appropriately when editing files locally.
Sepember 1, 2015 – Version 1.0.4
- Created an exclusion list to better handle certain file types that might cache a lot of temporary data to the GoDrive folder.
- Added support for TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2
April 7, 2015 – Version 1.0.3
- When deleting files/folders remotely, entries would not be removed correctly from client DB.
- Resolved an issue when folder is deleted and created with the same name while client is paused.
- Re-ordered event handling to ensure that move operations are handled at the correct time in relation to other remote actions.
January 30, 2015 – Version 1.0.2
- Improved security when multiple users share the same PC.
January 22, 2015 – Version 1.0.1
- Better error handling to allow continuous file synching.
- Improved start up efficiency after large amounts of local changes.
- Fixed an issue with the application icon when running on Windows Vista.
- Replaced a cryptic error message with a more meaningful one.
January 14, 2015 – Version 1.0.0