GoAnywhere MFT Release Notes
Cloud Connectors allow GoAnywhere to easily integrate with popular SOAP and RESTful web service applications including Salesforce, Box, Dropbox, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and more. The Cloud Connection definition contains all the actions and parameters required to communicate with the API. When a Cloud Connector is installed, their Actions appear as Tasks under the Cloud Connector category in the Component Library section of the Project Designer. GoAnywhere supports any number of Cloud Connectors at a time, allowing for automated processes between multiple APIs. Cloud Connectors can be downloaded from the GoAnywhere Cloud Connector Marketplace where new service definitions are added frequently.
The following Cloud Connectors are available from the Marketplace:
- Box.com - Transfer and manage files between GoAnywhere and Box with this file system connector.
- Dropbox - Transfer and manage files between GoAnywhere and Dropbox with this file system connector.
- GoAnywhere Command - Allows you to submit all GoAnywhere Command actions such as adding web users, submitting projects, etc using this connector.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Connect to your online Dynamics 365 instance to work with Accounts, Contacts, Cases, and more with this connector.
- Microsoft SharePoint Online - Upload, download, and work with your documents on SharePoint Online (cloud edition).
- Salesforce - Automate account creation, manage contacts, and perform other CRM functions with this Salesforce Cloud Connector.
Other Cloud Connector Enhancements
- Added a new For-Each File Part Loop that can be used in Cloud Connectors to process a file in chunks. For example, uploading files greater than 150 MB to Dropbox requires the file to be split into chunks and uploaded in smaller pieces using multiple REST Post requests.
- Added a new Cloud Connector task that allows users to configure input and output dynamically based on the actions defined in the Cloud Connector definition.
- Added a new Cloud Connector Designer which allows users with the Product Administrator role to create service definitions. The configuration is similar to the Project Designer where you can add REST/SOAP web service tasks, parse JSON/XML responses, validate information, and more.
- Added admin logging and revision history to Cloud Connector definitions along with the ability to restore previous versions.
- Added a Cloud Connectors marketplace to make it easy to download and install Cloud Connectors in your GoAnywhere MFT instance.
- Added a new Resource for Cloud Connectors to define connection information to cloud services like the user and password.
- Added six new Input Variables (Text Field, Text Area, Password, Boolean, List, and File) that can be used in the Cloud Connector Designer. The Cloud Connector Resource and Task prompt the user for information based on these input variables.
- Added an Output Variable in the Cloud Connector Designer that can be included in Actions. The new Cloud Connector Task can set variables using data that was generated or retrieved when the Cloud Connector executes. For example, a call to a Salesforce Cloud Connector to create a new account could return the Account ID that could be used in subsequent tasks.
- Added a new Cloud Connector management section under the System menu. Cloud Connectors can be created from scratch, imported, or easily installed from an online marketplace. The marketplace contains preconfigured connectors with the most popular cloud services you may need like Salesforce, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- Added the ability to create custom Master Encryption Keys used by GoAnywhere to encrypt passwords, keys, and other sensitive data.
- Added support for storing GoAnywhere MFT backend tables on the MariaDB database system. The Switch Database wizard was enhanced to simplify database migration, which will automatically create the tables and migrate existing data to the MariaDB database.
- Added a new Run Schedule command that can be used from GAcmd command line, REST, and SOAP interfaces.
- Added settings to configure the Strict-Transport-Security HTTP response header. This header will instruct supported browsers to prevent all HTTP communication by enforcing HTTPS and blocking users from overriding invalid certificate warnings. These settings can be configured on the Admin Security Settings page and on the Web Client section in the HTTPS/AS2 Service.
- Added an HTTP response header X-Content-Type-Options to the Admin and Web Client interfaces with a value of 'nosniff' to prevent browsers from trying to inspect the content to determine the type.
- Added an HTTP response header X-XSS-Protection to the Admin and Web Client interfaces that prevent users from turning off the browser's built-in XSS protection.
- Added settings to configure the Content-Security-Policy HTTP response header. This header mitigates potential threats by restricting which domain's content can be loaded from in the browser. These settings can be configured on the Admin Security Settings page and on the Web Client section in the HTTPS/AS2 Service.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to the Log Exemptions page.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to the global IP Filter, Automatic IP Blacklisting, and IP Blacklisting Exemption pages.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to Holiday Calendars.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to Job Queues.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to GoDrive Devices.
- Added admin logging to record when a Service (e.g. HTTPS/AS2) is started or stopped.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to Resource Permissions.
- Added the ability to copy Domains.
- Added the ability to generate Insert, Update and Delete statements from the SQL Wizard.
- Added a refresh icon to the Agent Manager and KMS page filters.
- Enhanced the Job File Audit Log to include events on remote file systems, such as renaming a file on an SFTP or FTPS server.
- Significantly enhanced the performance on the audit log pages by using database specific pagination SQL to handle large tables. This enhancement was applied to the Trigger Logs, Completed Jobs, Job File Audit, AS2, FTP, FTPS, GoFast, HTTPS, and SFTP audit log pages.
- Enhanced the look and feel of the page filtering options on the Trigger Logs, Completed Jobs, Job File Audit, AS2, FTP, FTPS, GoFast, HTTPS, and SFTP audit log pages.
- Enhanced the length of Admin User names from 20 to 64 characters.
- Added validation on the creation of virtual folders on Web Users to prevent a forward slash to be used in the alias.
- Enhanced the two-factor RADIUS implementation to support NAS-IP, NAS-Port, and NAS-Identifier attributes.
- Upgraded the embedded Apache Derby database from version 10.9.1.0 to 10.12.1.1.
- Updated the default maximum file upload size for the Admin and Web Client interfaces from 1 GB to 4 GB on new installations.
- Modified pages viewed on a mobile device to use the normal HTML password field rather than the GoAnywhere custom one. This allows for better interaction on mobile devices.
- Updated a startup message to clearly indicate what steps need to be taken if the unlimited strength policy files cannot be found.
- Improved the JVM Memory system alert email to include instructions on how to increase the JVM Memory.
- Updated the format of the administration log message when Gateway is started or stopped.
- Updated the pop-up options on a checkbox page filter to have the available options sorted alphabetically.
- Updated the drop-down option list on page filters to be sorted alphabetically.
- Updated the Derby label in the Switch Database wizard to correctly identify the database type.
- Updated the Active Sessions page to list the protocols in alphabetical order.
- Fixed an issue where the Event ID would not display on Trigger logs when using PostgreSQL as a backend database.
- Updated the File Audit Log to truncate server host URLs that are longer than 128 characters.
- Fixed an issue where duplicate event IDs could be generated for the Administration Logs in some cases.
- Fixed an issue on four Promote pages and on the Edit Trigger page where the Admin User password was being limited to 20 characters instead of 40. The password length was recently expanded in version 5.6.0.
- Updated the validation check on the Services menu to allow Admin Users with only a Security Officer role to get to the Agents page.
- Removed an unnecessary scroll bar on the GoAnywhere HTTPS and GoFast file choosers.
- Added a new link in the Quick Links dashboard gadget to quickly access the Agent Manager page.
- Updated the Agents list page by removing a redundant refresh button in the toolbar and adding the ability to filter which Agents are displayed in Map View.
- Updated the default Agent Map zoom level when only one Agent is displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the documentation indicated that the Email tasks on Agents are only available in the Advanced Agent license. The Email tasks are also available in Standard Agent licenses.
Note: The following Agent enhancements were made to GoAnywhere MFT 5.7.0, but will not be made available until Agents 1.2.0 are released at a later date.
- Added the ability to auto-resume file transfers. The retry attempts and interval settings can be configured on the Agent service or on individual Agents.
- Added the ability for Agents to use FTP and FTPS resources and tasks in Project Workflows that run on the Agent.
- Added the ability to use GoFast Resources and Tasks on Agents.
- Added the Close Session task to Agents.
- Enhanced the Agent installer and configuration to allow restriction of access to remote file transfer (SFTP, SCP, FTP/S, and AS2), GoFast, and Email tasks.
- Replaced the MySQL JDBC driver with the MariaDB version for new installations.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when running in FIPS 140-2 mode and using Agents that would cause SSL exceptions in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where the SSL Context Protocol defined on the Agent service was not being validated during startup.
- Fixed an issue where an Agent Project using the Email task could sometimes experience a concurrent modification exception in the shutdown logger.
- Added GoAnywhere Command actions for importing and exporting keys and certificates in the Key Management System.
- Added the ability to activate and deactivate Encrypted Folders from the GoAnywhere Command API interface.
- Removed an unnecessary GoAnywhereCommandService.wsdl file from GoAnywhere MFT as the WSDL is generated automatically as needed.
- Updated GoAnywhere MFT to use the Key Management System for Gateway connections rather than default trusted certificates file.
- Restricted GoDrive folder names to a maximum length of 128 characters.
Key Management System
- Added the ability to create version 3 SSL certificates which allows for extended attributes. The Subject Alternative Name attribute can now be added to new certificates to identify additional host names to be protected by the certificate.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to PGP keys.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to Certificates.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to SSH keys.
- Added admin logging and revision tracking to Key Vaults.
- Added a new field on the Create SSH Key Pair pages to specify the Encryption Algorithm (Triple-DES, AES-128, AES-192, and AES-256).
- Added the ability to use Amazon S3 as a File Monitor location to execute Projects when new, modified, or deleted files are detected.
- Added the ability to use Microsoft Azure Blob Storage as a File Monitor location to execute Projects when new, modified, or deleted files are detected.
- Enhanced the look and feel of the page filtering options.
- Fixed an issue on Monitors by removing the configuration of the seconds on the Start At time since the execution doesn't start on the exact second.
- Added a new Amazon S3 task with actions to upload, download, set metadata, and get metadata.
- Added FileExists and DirectoryExists functions to Projects and Email Templates.
- Added a new REST Options web service task.
- Added the ability to base64 encode and decode text using two new functions in expressions.
- Added two new functions to encode and decode a URL.
- Added a new Create JWT task for creating JSON Web Tokens to authenticate to RESTful Web Services.
- Added the ability to set an email priority on the Send Email Task.
- Added a new Format JSON function that takes JSON text and formats it for friendly output or minified format.
- Added a new JSON and XML value parser to the Set Variable task making it easy to extract simple values when working with web services.
- Added the ability to easily parse a SOAP or RESTful web service response to extract cookie values. The cookie can then be passed to subsequent web service tasks to persist authenticated sessions and other information.
- Added a new task to send REST Patch commands to web services.
- Added a new REST Multipart Post Task that makes it easy to submit web service requests that require multiple parts.
- Added the system.domain variable to Projects.
- Added the ability to override the Content Transfer Encoding of an email attachment.
- Improved the Checksum task to support calculating the hash of in-memory content as well as an option to specify the encoding of the resulting checksum.
- Added a new Use Chunked Encoding setting to the REST tasks and resource. This setting determines if the Transfer-Encoding header is set to chunked or if the Content-Length header is set instead. This feature is available on the Put, Post, Patch, and Options tasks.
- Updated the REST and POST Web Service tasks to support relative redirect locations.
- Enhanced the REST Put and Post web service tasks to provide the content type header even when the request body is empty.
- Enhanced Web Service tasks so redirect logic will log a warning instead of throwing an error when not following the redirect. Redirect codes are now handled as successful by default.
- Enhanced the REST Put task to no longer remove any trailing slashes.
- Updated Project Templates to use the Key Management System if the project template contained a task that used keys.
- Updated the Project Explorer search functionality to always search project subfolders by default.
- Removed unnecessary validation on the Move Task that prevented execution when the source and destination files are on different systems (e.g. local files vs SMB network shares).
- Updated the REST and SOAP tasks to log the endpoint URL prior to making the request.
- Modified the subelements listed in the Component Library to start with a hyphen and with more indentation to visually separate them more from parent level tasks.
- Modified the Copy task to check if the directory already exists, and if so, write a message to the log that the directory exists rather than fail the project.
- Fixed an issue where some file implementations using the resource path, such as Amazon S3, Azure, WebDAV, and FTP would delete the parent directory when the file was moved using the Move Task in a Project.
- Fixed an issue where the ICAP task response would be incomplete because terminator characters were found before the entire response was consumed.
- Fixed an issue where the Make Directory task was not creating all the directories in the file path when the SMB (all versions) resource was used.
- Fixed an issue where shared Amazon S3 buckets could not be accessed in some cases.
- Fixed an issue in the REST Post Task where it logs a successful upload of a file before it's sent.
- Fixed an issue in the Send Email task where a variable in the From field that contained a partial portion of the email address could cause the Project to fail.
- Fixed an issue with the GoAnywhere HTTPS file chooser where it would not use the KMS trust store even when the key location was Key Vault.
- Added an option on the Certificates tab of the FTPS Resource to indicate whether the server's certificate should be validated for trust using certificates in KMS Key Vaults.
- Fixed an issue where Resource names were allowed to have leading spaces. Leading spaces will now be trimmed automatically.
- Removed the Sybase database driver as an option for database connections on new installations.
- Fixed an issue on the Where Used page for WebDAV, Azure Blob, S3, and other Resources where it was not including references to resource file paths (for example, resource:azureblob://[resourceName]).
- Enhanced the look and feel of the page filtering options.
- Fixed an issue where changing a Schedule's Domain displayed an unhelpful error message when the Project did not exist on the new Domain. This issue was introduced in 5.6.0.
- Fixed an issue where Schedules set to fire on the last day of the month would not fire in the month of February.
- Enhanced the Web Client Secure Forms page to alphabetically sort the list of Secure Forms.
- Updated Secure Forms to set the focus on the first form field when viewed.
- Fixed an issue where the Secure Form WSDL generator was not showing the correct file upload maxOccurs value.
Services (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, AS2, GoFast)
- Added the ability to specify the allowed authentication types on the SFTP service listener (Password, Public Key, or Either).
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from downloading multiple files as a Zip file in the Web Client when the size exceeded 4 GB or the number of entries exceeded 65535 files.
- Added a new setting on the Web User Self-Registration Settings page to force Web Users to use their email address as their user name when they self-register.
- Updated the Web User and Web User Template pages to place the Authentication Types attributes in an expandable section.
- Updated the Administration Logs to ensure Admin Users with the Auditor role had access to all component types being logged.
- Updated the Web User and Web User Template configuration screens to list the protocols alphabetically.
- Fixed an issue where Web User selection on the Web User Management page would sometimes display the wrong number of selected Web Users.
- Added a transfer completion percentage on top of the progress bar for the HTML file uploader.
- Added brute-force attack monitoring to the Web Client's Reset Password page.
- Updated the Web Client's Reset Password page to disable accounts after X invalid attempts and made error messages more generalized.
- Fixed an issue on the Web User virtual file system that prevented users from renaming files based on an unnecessary validation check on the upload permission.
- Fixed an issue where a password reset warning message was not translated to the correct language.
- Added additional validation checks to the file uploader component in the Web Client.
- Added pagination to Secure Folders, GoDrive, and the File Manager pages to limit the maximum number of files that can be displayed per page.
- Added the ability to configure the Signature Digest Algorithm on the create PGP key pages.
- Enhanced the Admin and Web Client interfaces to keep the user's session alive during long running file transfers.
- Enhanced the validation of Domain names to prevent special characters that cause problems when used as a folder name on disk.
- Updated the Project and Folder search criteria on the Completed Jobs page to use the 'Contains' search by default.
- Upgraded Primefaces from version 6.0.20 to 6.2.1 to address a jQuery vulnerability among other fixes.
- Upgraded the FIPS 140-2 certified cryptographic RSA libraries from 6.1 to 6.2. The upgraded libraries are certified under the NIST FIPS 140-2 certification numbers 2468 and 2469.
- Upgraded the log4j libraries from version 2.5 to 2.10.
- Upgraded the UnboundID LDAP SDK from version 2.3.9 to 4.0.5.
- Updated the JNQ API used by SMB Network Shares to version 1.0.1 S7 R2750.7.
- Upgraded the embedded Apache Tomcat web server from 7.0.76 to 7.0.85.
- Updated the ViewState encryption used in JSF to use AES instead of DES.
- Upgraded the jackson databind, core, and annotations libraries from version 2.9.1 to 2.9.4.
- Upgraded the commons-collections library from version 3.2 to 3.2.2.
- Upgraded the bsh library from version 2.0b4 to 2.0b6.
- Upgraded the xercesimpl library from version 2.8.0 to 2.11.0.
- Upgraded the commons-logging library from version 1.1.1 to 1.2.
Upgraded the commons-beanutils library from version 1.8.3 to 1.9.3.
- Upgraded the not-yet-commons-ssl library from version 0.3.9 to 0.3.17.
- Upgraded the spring libraries from version 4.1.4 to 4.3.14.
- Upgraded the Excel poi libraries from version 3.10 to 3.17.
- Upgraded the commons-fileupload library from version 1.3.1 to 1.3.3.
- Upgraded the opensaml library from version 2.6.1 to 2.6.6.
Upgraded the xmltooling library from version 1.4.1 to 1.4.4.
Upgraded the openws library from version 1.5.1 to 1.5.4.
Upgraded the xmlsec library from version 1.5.6 to 1.5.7.
- Upgraded the commons-configuration library from version 1.6 to 1.7.
Upgraded the commons-digester library from version 1.8 to 1.8.1.
- Upgraded the commons-io library from version 2.1 to 2.6.
- Replaced the MySQL JDBC driver used in new installations with the compatible MariaDB driver.
- Fixed an issue where certificate trust may not be established when manually sending AS2 MDN receipts when running in FIPS mode.
- Fixed an issue in the Chrome browser that would sometimes cause the form to be submitted accidentally when the user selected a suggested value from previous autofill data.
- Fixed an issue on password fields by removing any new line characters when the password is pasted into the field.
- Fixed an issue where email attachment names were not UTF-8 encoded when emails were sent. Japanese characters will now appear correctly in email attachment names.
- Fixed a NullPointerException on the SCP MGet task when it recursively creates subfolders due to missing transfer information not being set properly.
- Fixed an issue where switching databases would error when writing to the administrator log if the component name was over 64 characters. The component name was increased to 128 characters to handle longer names and length limiting logic was added.