For most IT professionals, finding credible, third-party evaluations is critical when researching new software solutions. You want the most comprehensive, honest information you can find to help you decide if a solution is right for your organization.
For the managed file transfer market, analyst and third-party reports haven’t always been easy to find. And while some file sharing products may call themselves MFT solutions, many of them lack the security controls and detailed audit trails for compliance requirements. File transfer, encryption, automation, and auditing are all qualities of a standard MFT tool (centralized in one spot), with the need for this type of solution growing in leading organizations.
A new 2019 report brings fresh data on MFT features and capabilities for would-be buyers. Info-Tech Research Group has released their 2019 Managed File Transfer Category Report, which scores leading vendors based on customer reviews.
MFT Data Quadrant Leaders
The 2019 MFT Data Quadrant highlights nine vendors who received awards from Info-Tech for scoring high on software quality and customer experience. Scores were determined based on customer reviews on SoftwareReviews.com, which also formed the basis for data analyzed in the MFT Category report.
Here are the vendors listed in the leader quadrant, along with their composite satisfaction scores:
- GoAnywhere MFT: 8.9/10
- Ipswitch MOVEit: 8.6/10
- LeapFile: 8.4/10
- IBM MFT: 8.3/10
Other vendors listed in the MFT Data Quadrant include Adobe Send & Track, Citrix ShareFile, SolarWinds Serv-U, Oracle MFT, and Accellion Kiteworks.
The composite satisfaction scores were determined by the average of scores in four areas: vendor capabilities, product features, likeliness to recommend, and emotional response to vendor around trustworthiness and other qualities.
How did GoAnywhere MFT compare to other MFT vendors?
The full 20-page report breaks down what vendors led the way in each product feature and vendor capability. You can read a copy of the 2019 report here, or check out the highlights below:
- GoAnywhere MFT had the highest composite satisfaction score of any MFT product. As you can see in the data quadrant above, GoAnywhere ranked #1 in the leader quadrant and received a composite satisfaction score of 8.9/10.
- GoAnywhere MFT ranked #1 for multiple vendor capabilities. These included vendor support, ease of data integration, and product strategy and rate of improvement. GoAnywhere also ranked in the top three in quality of features, usability and intuitiveness, ease of IT administration, ease of implementation, ease of customization, breadth of features, and business value created.
- GoAnywhere MFT ranked #1 for multiple product features. These included encryption/decryption, high performance, LDAP support, quota & bandwidth control, and session monitoring. GoAnywhere also ranked in the top three for authentication, data fidelity, file transfer, large file support, multi-platform support, and transport security.
Get the latest version: Download the 2021 Info-Tech Category Report
How can you leverage this new MFT comparison report?
There are two immediate ways you can use this MFT Category report as part of your research process:
- Compare MFT solutions. The report provides a helpful and trusted look at how real users rated each solution for specific features they offer. Take a look at the areas that are most important to your organization and see how the vendors stack up. Using that information can help you determine which product(s) to install and evaluate.
- Share the report with your buying team. Many organizations require third-party research as part of the procurement process to validate any solutions they seriously consider. Even if your organization doesn’t require analyst reports, C-suite titles and stakeholders are often more easily swayed by non-biased research conducted by a respected organization.
Who is Info-Tech Research Group? What are Category Reports?
As an information technology research and advisory company, Info-Tech Research Group is a fast-growing organization serving over 30,000 IT professionals with research aimed to simplify their technology decisions. Their category reports are meant to provide a comprehensive evaluation of the market and help prospective buyers make better decisions. Real, verified feedback from users creates a holistic view of the product landscape to break down otherwise complex buying decisions.
Want a full managed file transfer comparison?
Read a copy of the Info-Tech Research Group 2019 MFT Category Report today.
READ THE 2019 REPORT READ THE 2020 REPORT
READ THE 2021 REPORT