“Alexa, What is MFT?”
While that may not be a question you’ve ever asked your virtual assistant, it’s not outside the realm of possibility – Amazon has quickly become ubiquitous for online shopping, streaming popular media, and even web hosting. Many IT teams have turned to Amazon Web Services (AWS) in search of storage, content delivery, or some other functionality. AWS encompasses a huge variety of offerings including on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs for individuals and organizations.
So, how do AWS and MFT fit together? Pairing GoAnywhere MFT with AWS enables you to seamlessly integrate and exchange data in the cloud. Whether your organization is planning on moving entirely to the cloud, using a hybrid solution, or simply looking to further secure your cloud file transfers, read on to learn about how these powerful solutions can work together to advance your file transfer goals.
I Found These Results for “How Does AWS Work with MFT”
GoAnywhere MFT connects with Amazon’s services in a couple different ways, including running on EC2 and bridging gaps between your web apps and file transfers.
Run GoAnywhere on EC2
You can run GoAnywhere on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) to safeguard your file transfers, track cloud file transfer activity, and adhere to compliance requirements outside your internal network. EC2 is a segment of AWS that allows users to run applications on virtual computers, and it lets you quickly set up a server by simply selecting GoAnywhere MFT Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) from the AWS Marketplace.
"We were looking for an off-the-shelf implementation of an AS2 Server and Client that we could easily integrate with our systems on AWS. GoAnywhere was the perfect match."
— Executive Sponsor, 2018 G2 Review
When running GoAnywhere on Amazon EC2, you can choose between Microsoft Windows and Linux for your server of choice.
Related Reading: 7 Cloud Security Best Practices for Amazon Web Services
Connect Your File Transfers with Cloud Connectors
Cloud Connectors in GoAnywhere are tools that give you the ability to integrate GoAnywhere MFT with the web and cloud applications you use every day. GoAnywhere’s Cloud Connectors built for Amazon include:
- Amazon Cloud Trial
- Amazon CloudWatch
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon ECS
- Amazon Lambda
- Amazon SNS
- Amazon SQS
Each of these integrations help you link up the projects and workflows you build in GoAnywhere to AWS for smarter, faster, and more secure file transfers. Aside from all the Amazon Cloud Connectors, GoAnywhere connects with dozens of other apps, including Atlassian, Box, Salesforce, and more.
Related Reading: 9 Ways to Use GoAnywhere’s Cloud Connector Integrations
Benefits of Using Cloud Services
Cloud computing and cloud services can assist in several key areas. Many organizations use cloud computing for at least one of the following reasons:
- Security: Protecting your systems and data is challenging, and many cloud services include better security and encryption from the get-go. However, an essential task when moving to the cloud is ensuring that data is encrypted during storage and transit, which software like MFT can help with.
- Cost: Using a cloud service reduces or eliminates the cost of purchasing, setting up, and maintaining hardware and software within on-site data centers. This saves your IT experts time managing the infrastructure and saves you physical space and electricity costs. Plus, you typically only pay for the cloud services you use, which helps keep your costs down.
- Flexibility & Scalability: Because you don’t have to manage physical hardware on-site, your server usage can compact and expand as needed, without undertaking costly and complex changes to your infrastructure.
- Mobility & Agility: Expand to new regions of the world quickly with cloud services – no plane ticket required. Adding servers closer to your customers and trading partners can improve user experience across the board. Plus, you and your team can enjoy the benefits of working from home or the office without being tied to a server center.
- Loss Prevention & Disaster Recovery: Cloud computing tends towards more frequent backups and less downtime, reducing your risk when it comes to both data loss and disaster recovery. The cloud can circumvent disasters more easily, whether it’s weather, power outages, or even hardware or software malfunctions. Keep your productivity, reputation, and revenue up with better data recovery and loss prevention.
Keep in mind that, when using the cloud without a secure file transfer solution in place, your valuable data could be at risk – that’s where MFT comes in. GoAnywhere is not only cloud-friendly, it also eases security concerns and delivers more control and flexibility over your file transfers, tracking, and user access.
Related Reading Data Sheet: Secure Your Cloud Data
AWS fits most of the above and tends to be popular among teams seeking a cost-effective way to store information, simplify technology, and become less reliant on physical servers.
Get the Most Out of AWS – and MFT
The cloud can keep your costs down, and even more so by combining your cloud service with GoAnywhere MFT, which further reduces your file transfer costs. Curious about how MFT fits into your cloud setup or how to incorporate cloud services into your GoAnywhere instance? Chat with an expert to discuss your setup or learn more about GoAnywhere and the cloud in our webinar “Get the Most Out of GoAnywhere: Azure & Amazon.”
Watch the Webinar