GoAnywhere MFT Streamlines Data Transfer for the Insurance Industry
The insurance industry is responsible for meeting onerous compliance regulations, simplifying the movement of data, and automating the transfer of files with business partners on a year-round basis.
GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer (MFT) helps insurance organizations thrive by helping them meet the critical compliance requirements they’re accountable for, securing the integrity of their private data, eliminating manual processes, and more.
What is GoAnywhere MFT?
GoAnywhere MFT is a secure file transfer solution that simplifies and streamlines the exchange of authorized data between insurance organizations and their trading partners.
It safeguards data at rest and in transit, while meeting the requirements for information integrity required by the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and 409 (SOX), and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
How Does GoAnywhere Safeguard & Simplify File Transfers?
GoAnywhere simplifies and secures file transfer operations for those in the insurance industry by doing the following:
- Translating and converting data to and from popular formats like Excel, Delimited Text, Fixed Width, JSON, EDI X12, EDIFACT, and XML
- Running on key platforms like Windows, IBM i, AIX, UNIX and Linux
- Supporting secure protocols like FTPS, SFTP, and HTTP(S)
- Complying with HIPAA & HITECH file transfer requirements
- Encrypting data using FIPS 140-2 compliant AES and Triple DES algorithms
- Meeting popular encryption methods like Open PGP and Zip with AES
File Transfer for the Insurance Industry
Secure file transfer is utilized by the insurance industry on a daily basis to:
- Secure data transfers and the integrity of private data required by SOX
- Safeguard data at rest and in transit as mandated by the Dodd-Frank Act, and safeguard inbound ports of internal networks
- Meet requirements for information integrity required by GLBA
- Maintain the integrity and security of files in motion for the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Medicare, and Medicaid
- Automate and manage file transfers via a web-friendly dashboard
- Prove HIPAA and HITECH compliance with audit trails and reports
- Centralize file transfer processes to control file access
- Control the transfer of all sensitive files, plus intra- and inter-company access to data
- Streamline document workflows and administration
- Authenticate users so only intended parties can access data
- Reduce costs and free up staff
Real Ways GoAnywhere Has Helped Insurance Organizations
GoAnywhere has worked with numerous insurance organizations over the years to save them time, money, and transfer sensitive data securely without error.
Here are four examples of how GoAnywhere helps real insurance organizations to improve the security of their private data.
MLC Life Insurance
Protection sits at the very heart of everything MLC Life Insurance (MLC) does as a business, so it’s no surprise this insurance organization chose to invest in protecting sensitive customer data. Stemming from a shift in proprietorship, MLC realized they had overlooked their file transfer capabilities and turned to GoAnywhere MFT for help.
After utilizing the free 30-day trial of GoAnywhere, MLC knew they found a winning secure file transfer solution for their organization. Based on their deciding factors of user-friendliness, stability, security and cost, daily usage, and the unexpected flexibility GoAnywhere provides, MLC hasn’t looked back since.
Along with interacting with third parties and other key organizations through file transfers, MLC Life Insurance utilizes GoAnywhere to:
- Set up over 50 workflows, with triggers that run weekly or monthly.
- Avoid issues with run times crashing or memory leaks.
- Make security simpler and integrate with Active Directory (AD), PGP and GPG.
- Meet key Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (ARPA) security standards.
- Migrate user direct/employee home drives from their previous owner.
- Utilize Secure Forms to allow end-users to fill out custom forms with one or more input values and optionally upload files through the HTTPS Web Client in GoAnywhere.
- Run GoAnywhere in Docker.
As a commercial and personal insurance company, Fortegra is constantly exchanging sensitive financial files with banks and other institutions that require strict compliance with industry regulations to protect files at rest and in motion.
Prior to implementing GoAnywhere MFT, Fortegra was using a legacy system that required a high level of IT knowledge, making file transfers more cumbersome than necessary. They also used a variety of applications to accomplish what GoAnywhere MFT can handle with one comprehensive system – security, automation, auditing and reporting, and more.
With the help of GoAnywhere on their side, Fortegra can:
- Complete an average of 30,000 jobs or file transfers per week.
- Automate, log, and report on their file transfers.
- Ensure all file movement and actions are recorded properly.
- Schedule jobs and set workflows.
- Satisfy compliance stipulations, such as the security of private data required by SOX.
- Ensure data remains safe both at rest an in transit.
- Utilize the dashboard-style interface so users can build projects within a few hours.
- Send email securely with the use of the Secure Mail module.
Global Insurance Company
For this Global Insurance Company, having a smooth file transfer process was non-negotiable. Frustrated with the manual scripts and legacy systems they were using, the organization no longer wanted to rely on a setup that lacked security and encryption features. They also wanted to be able to receive alerts and report on their transfers.
To protect critical information that was at risk before, GoAnywhere MFT became the chosen solution and better cybersecurity strategy needed to protect their file transfers.
By utilizing GoAnywhere, this Global Insurance Company can:
- Cluster their systems so the bank files exchanged aren’t interrupted by system failure or downtime.
- Utilize the DMZ Secure Gateway for an additional layer of security when moving sensitive files between internal systems and external systems.
- Take advantage of automation, auditing, and user-to-user collaboration.
- Use the drag-and-drop project designer for workflows and automation.
- Meet PCI DSS compliance requirements.
- Create jobs in under five minutes, complete key projects, and secure file transfers from start to finish.
- Pull data from the cloud from two partnering vendors using the Google Cloud Storage Connector.
- Fulfill an important project in their environment using the Amazon AWS cloud integration.
- Take advantage of GoAnywhere’s ability to provide visibility into all areas of the file transfer process.
- Use GoAnywhere’s MFT Agents module to allow admins to remotely control automated file transfers and file processing from a central GoAnywhere server.