GoAnywhere Gateway is an enhanced reverse and forward proxy that gives organizations an additional layer of security for exchanging data with trading partners. With Gateway, file sharing services can be kept safely inside your private network, without exposing sensitive data to your DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), and connections can be made to external systems on behalf of users in the private network.
Get a Quick Overview of GoAnywhere Gateway:
View our detailed brochure for more information.
Why GoAnywhere Gateway?
Alongside GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer, Gateway provides IT teams with many benefits:
- Your file servers (e.g., FTPS, SFTP, HTTPS, and AS2) can be kept securely in your internal network. This allows you to keep inbound ports to your network closed, which is essential for complying with data security standards like PCI DSS, HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, ISO 27000, and the GLBA.
- Files can be safely shared with trading partners, users, clients, and vendors while avoiding having critical documents or files stored, even temporarily, in your DMZ.
- As a forward proxy, Gateway can make connections to external systems on behalf of users and applications in the private network. This allows you to more easily manage file transfers from your firewall. Additionally, the identities and locations of your internal systems are hidden for better security.
- GoAnywhere Gateway is a platform agnostic, software-only solution. Install it on Windows, Linux, AIX, UNIX, or other operating systems to enhance file security in whatever environment works best for you.
Quick GoAnywhere Gateway Features
- No incoming ports need to be opened into the private network
- User credentials, permissions, certificates, and keys are kept safe in the private network
- Hides the locations and identities of internal systems
- Services configurations are maintained/stored in the private network
- Supports FTP, FTPS, SFTP, SCP, HTTP, HTTPS and AS2 file transfer protocols
- Built-in load balancer to distribute workloads across multiple systems
In essence, when added to GoAnywhere MFT, GoAnywhere Gateway serves as a transparent interface between internal systems and external systems without exposing sensitive files or your private network.
For a better understanding of GoAnywhere Gateway, refer to the section on how it works.