Linoma Software announces two significant enhancements in Version 5.2 of the award winning GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer software. A new file transfer acceleration protocol called GoFast improves delivery speed and reliability when compared to traditional FTP, and Domains allows organizations to segregate users and workflows to provide an additional layer of data security.
The new GoFast protocol uses multiple UDP channels to accelerate the movement of files between servers. This acceleration is especially useful for moving large files, including videos and backup sets, across the internet or wide area networks (WANs). Options are provided in GoFast to protect confidential transfers with strong AES-256 encryption, as well as compress transmissions to minimize bandwidth requirements. Since GoFast is a feature within the GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer solution, it takes full advantage of the available automation, auditing and reporting capabilities in the product.
Domains can be used to segregate GoAnywhere MFT into multiple security zones where authorized users can only work with trading partners, workflows and logs belonging to their assigned domains. This functionality benefits organizations that need to share a single installation of GoAnywhere with multiple divisions or departments, while maintaining separation of administrative access. Each domain can be locked into certain network folders to prevent unauthorized access by other administrators.
Continuing Advancements with GoAnywhere Automation & Security
Current GoAnywhere MFT customers that upgrade to the current release also gain new functionality for workflow automation and user authentication. Highlights for some of the new features include:
- Support for Amazon S3 Buckets and WebDAV resources that can be used as file storage for trading partners and workflows.
- Support for popular SMS gateways and SMNP servers to make it easier to automate alerts and notifications.
- Project revision history tracking that allows you to restore workflows to previous versions.
- RSA RADIUS Login methods with Two-Factor-Authentication using key fobs or token apps.
- Additional logs and change history to track administrator user activity on the system.
View the complete list of version 5.2 enhancements on the GoAnywhere MFT release notes page.