The measure of any tool is how effectively you’re using it. If you’ve already mastered the steps to get started with GoAnywhere, check out these features, projects, and automations to discover whether you’re making the most of your GoAnywhere setup.
1. You’ve Set up Secure Forms for Information Intake
Standardize information delivery for your business while simplifying submission processes for customers and trading partners. Secure Forms is a GoAnywhere feature that gives end users a way submit information and files via custom forms.
Secure Forms are easy to design and build for GoAnywhere administrators, and straightforward to complete on the end user side. Then, after the data and files have been submitted via secure HTTPS connection and AES 256-bit encryption, projects are immediately executed on your organization’s GoAnywhere instance. Depending on your requirements, you can set your Secure Forms project to:
- Validate submitted data
- Add data directly to a database or move it to another, integrated application via SOAP and RESTful web services
- Translate data formats
- Send either internal or external notifications, including a receipt or summary of data submitted
- And more!
Three Ways That Organizations Use Secure Forms
- Reduce the number of ways in which files arrive, and avoid document chaos.
- Collect confidential information securely.
- Create form workflows, where data entered into the first form directs the user to an appropriate follow-up based on their initial submission.
Related Reading: Secure Forms Ensures Information is Locked Down
2. Advanced Workflows are Doing the Work for You
Projects and Workflows, which refer to the same thing within GoAnywhere MFT, are a series of steps that GoAnywhere executes to retrieve, translate, and move your data—and anything else you can think of. Advanced Workflows takes these actions a step further. There are many advantages to unlocking the Advanced Workflows feature in GoAnywhere, but here are a few of them:
- After setting up a Project once, GoAnywhere MFT will execute each task you’ve defined every time you need to carry out that particular workflow.
- Advanced Workflows use a drag-and-drop builder, which make building new workflows and adjusting existing ones easy. Even without a programming background, anyone can construct a Project from start to finish.
- There are more than 100 tasks available in the Advanced Workflows component library, which gives you myriad ways to outline your organization’s day-to-day file transfer tasks.
3. You’ve Automated Projects and Workflows with Triggers
While Projects (aka Workflows) already save time by grouping multiple actions together, you can further optimize your Projects and Workflows with Triggers.
For example, if you need to both validate data within uploaded files and sort it based on its contents, you could set up a Workflow that does both those actions – then, use a Trigger that calls that Workflow whenever a user uploads a new file.
Triggers can do just that: watch for a specific event, then carry out pre-specified Workflows that keep your data moving without manual intervention. There are dozens of events that can be used to execute Triggers in GoAnywhere MFT, giving you the flexibility to build automation workflows for nearly any use case.
Related Reading: Getting Started with Projects & Workflows
4. You’re Analyzing Data with Advanced Reporting
Use Advanced Reporting to gain access to critical system information and download it as PDF documents for easy sharing. While there are dozens of ready-made reports available in GoAnywhere, you can also create and run regular reports based on your custom needs, including to collect information like user account, the last time a password was updated, password expirations, and more.
5. Agents Are Keeping Remote Workflows Moving in Real Time
MFT agents, lightweight applications that synchronize data delivery and workflows, can be deployed across disparate locations, used within internal data centers, or move data to and from the cloud.
Agents are a perfect solution to simplify file transfers throughout your organization, especially when you need the same action to occur simultaneously at multiple locations. Some benefits of agents include a reduction in the risk of human error, minimizing repetitive tasks for your IT experts, and giving you a centralized location from which to control workflows.
Related Reading: Do You Need an MFT Agent?
If you’re using a hybrid cloud, Agents can be hugely helpful to keep data secure as it’s transferred to and from your cloud solutions. Agents can help you address key cloud security considerations, including cybersecurity and encryption, automation, and compliance.
6. GoAnywhere File Sharing is Streamlining Your Collaboration
File sharing in GoAnywhere comes in many different packages, but when you need quick ways to collaborate on files, especially on the go, these four features are for you:
- Secure Folders: Access files and folders conveniently via web browser and share files with authorized users securely over HTTPS.
- Secure Mail: Email sensitive files to stakeholders securely. Secure Mail is available through a web client and an Outlook plugin that helps you send documents large and small, sensitive information, track who receives and opens your message, and limit downloads. Documents are never sent directly to the recipient; rather, a link is sent to them which allows for a secure download from the server.
- GoDrive: This Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS) service functions as a collaboration tool for your organization. Share files and folders securely, and use file revision tracking, commenting, and file syncing to keep business operations moving smoothly.
- Mobile App: Access GoAnywhere from anywhere when you download the GoAnywhere MFT mobile app for Apple or Android.
7. Your Data Security Mix is Strong
MFT can secure and protect your data as you store or transfer it, but how do you know what data you’re protecting, and how are you preventing users from accidentally sharing sensitive information – even if it’s sent securely?
Ensure you’re approaching your organization’s data security holistically by putting it at the forefront and building from the ground up. File security expands beyond transfer and storage. Files go through multiple stages before they’re ready to be shared, either internally or externally. Discover new ways to understand the data within your organization (and who should have access), and learn how to keep it secure at all points – so only the appropriate information is making its way to other stakeholders.
Related Reading: What is Data Security?
Expand Your Use of GoAnywhere
Contact us today to schedule a demo and see how these features can amplify your GoAnywhere MFT usage.