GoAnywhere MFT is an Executive Option for Government Agencies
Government agencies face many significant regulations and security policies when it comes to protecting sensitive data year-round.
GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer (MFT) protects data confidentiality in public sector organizations by helping agencies meet the strict requirements they’re accountable for, eliminating manual processes, strengthening data encryption, and more.
What is GoAnywhere MFT?
GoAnywhere MFT is a secure file transfer solution that simplifies and streamlines the exchange of authorized data between government agencies and their trading partners at federal, state, county and city levels.
How Does GoAnywhere Safeguard & Simplify File Transfers?
GoAnywhere simplifies and secures file transfer operations for those in the government by doing the following:
- Translating and converting data to and from popular formats like EDI X12, EDIFACT, and XML
- Running on popular platforms like Windows, Linux, Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, IBM i, and Docker
- Supporting secure protocols like FTPS, SFTP, and HTTP(S)
- Complying with FISMA and additional file transfer requirements
- Encrypting data using FIPS 140-2 compliant AES and Triple DES algorithms
- Meeting popular encryption methods like Open PGP, Zip with AES, and encryption at rest
File Transfer for the Public Sector Industry
Secure file transfer is utilized in the industry on a daily basis to:
- Automate and manage file transfers via a web-friendly dashboard
- Prove compliance with audit trails and reports
- Centralize file transfer processes to control file access
- Control the transfer of all sensitive files
- Streamline document workflows and administration
- Safeguard inbound ports of internal networks
- Authenticate users so only intended parties can access data
- Secure data transfers
- Reduce costs and free up staff
Real Ways GoAnywhere Has Helped Public Sector Organizations
GoAnywhere has worked with numerous government organizations over the years to save them time, money, and transfer sensitive data securely without error.
Here are four examples of how GoAnywhere helps real public sector organizations to improve the security of their private data:
Florida Public Defender’s Office 4th Circuit
Initially, processing felony and misdemeanor information wasn’t a quick task for the Public Defender's Office – 4th Circuit in Jacksonville, Florida. The process of receiving, handling, and entering court details into their database used to rely on paper documents that were delivered by hand and entered manually by full-time data entry employees.
However, when the county clerk’s office stopped accepting paper documents, the IT team knew they had the opportunity to begin streamlining how their users retrieved, scanned, uploaded, and secured sensitive case data. They needed a solution that could reduce employee workloads, improve internal collaboration projects, and satisfy compliance requirements for web service connections and e-filing. GoAnywhere MFT was the solution they chose.
With the use of GoAnywhere MFT, Florida’s Public Defender’s Office 4th Circuit can speed up their felony and misdemeanor data input, handle large files, keep them protected from outside risks, and simplify how video evidence is received and stored from the prosecutor’s office with Secure Folders. They can also ensure that the information shared between their internal teams and third-party vendors remains private and encrypted with GoDrive.
Adams County, Colorado
As the fifth largest county in Colorado, Adams County keeps its IT team busy managing a variety of tasks across several different systems. After needing a simple and consistent way to automate the transfer of data between their internal and external systems, authorized users, and trading partners like banks and state government offices, Adams County made the decision to integrate GoAnywhere MFT.
With the help of GoAnywhere on their side, Adams County can:
- Deliver their files using whatever transfer and encryption method is required
- Utilize the run-time mode so they can verify that payroll files are correct before they go out
- Securely grab files from their credit card processor and bring them to their internal systems without user intervention
- Save eight hours of work each month printing and sending out their monthly accounting reports
- Control users’ access to files and restrict access to sensitive locations
- Eliminate complications with built-in audit logging and error reporting
The City of Modesto
When the City of Modesto, California found themselves facing crucial requirements from trading partners, they knew it was time to upgrade their processes. The solution they were looking for needed to help expedite their reporting process and create the payroll files the California Public Employee Retirement Systems (CalPERS) required.
With GoAnywhere’s versatility, their CalPERS project is up and running smoothly. Using GoAnywhere, they can generate multiple queries against the Modesto payroll database to create the required XML files, encrypt the files with Open PGP, and send it to the SFTP server.
The City of Modesto also utilizes GoAnywhere’s Secure Mail feature to read emails, call a project, send email confirmations, and coordinate with other providers. They also can manage projects and processes on a variety of servers running at different times, and automate the entire process. Additionally, the City of Modesto can rest easier with an additional level of reassurance due to the auto-start FTP feature, error notifications, and easy connection with databases.
The State of Maryland’s Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (DLLR)
Before moving to transfer data in a secure and reliable fashion, the State of Maryland’s DLLR developers manually downloaded and upload files between their IBM i system and desktop computers.
When it became difficult to develop and implement an efficient and reliable process for the growing number of new daily tasks, the need for an automated and secure MFT solution was evident.
With a long list of file transfer goals to keep infrastructure simple and easy to manage, GoAnywhere MFT singularly met all the DLLR’s requests.
By utilizing GoAnywhere, the State of Maryland DLLR can:
- Securely automate their processes natively from the IBM i without requiring additional hardware
- Eliminate the possibility of user errors, misplaced files, and overlooked documents
- Restart failed transfers and “slice and dice” data between their backend DB2 database and the file formats used by trading partners
- Meet the requirement to submit mortgage license applications and/or registrations to the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) daily
- Utilize the Secure Forms module for licensees to upload documents in a safer and easier way by replacing their manual processes with a front-facing website and embedded form
- Avoid a cumbersome request for proposal (RFP) process with the addition of GoAnywhere Gateway
- Eliminate time the staff spends on received emails