Secure file sharing for banks has always been of utmost importance and is only gaining traction in the face of common cybersecurity threats and compliance requirements alike.
Requirements like PCI DSS, GDPR, GLBA, and more can make processes more complicated, even as the safeguards outlined within them promote data security to protect both businesses and their clients in the face of cyber threats. As one of the most-threatened industries globally, banking and finance relies on security solutions to protect their infrastructures, networks, and data.
How One Polynesian Bank Uses GoAnywhere MFT for Secure File Sharing
As GDPR requirements loomed, Banque SOCREDO, French Polynesia’s primary bank, needed to take a step back and reassess various software security issues, including data visibility and file transfers. At the time, the bank was using a transfer tool alongside processes developed in-house, which were becoming increasingly complicated and unsustainable to maintain.
With the guidance of ESBD, a security solutions distributor based in France and a Fortra Business Partner, they were able to solve both problems with ease. After successfully validating and implementing a data classification tool and auditing tool, the team at Banque SOCREDO again turned to ESBD for their expertise in data security software and this new need for managed file transfer (MFT).
They chose GoAnywhere MFT as the best solution to streamline and track data exchanges. While its flexibility, scalability, and transfer tracking capabilities met their immediate needs, they quickly found that GoAnywhere’s features solved other file transfer headaches. With GoAnywhere MFT, they were able to:
- Standardize and automate common file transfers
- Easily track file movements and generate audit reports
- Identify file transfer errors and quickly resume file exchanges
- Streamline data exchanges and processes at locations spanning five archipelagoes in the Pacific Ocean
- Send unique, secure, and temporary links to files via email with Secure Mail, as well as secure email messages
- Share documents securely via GoDrive, a collaboration tool that allows collaborators to work concurrently on the same files and folders.
Why Banks are Choosing Secure File Transfer Solutions
Banks and financial organizations are starting to implement secure managed file transfer (MFT) solutions in their organization to address serious cybersecurity concerns. MFT solutions are trusted to meet multiple requirements with a single tool, such as protecting member data and meeting strict compliance requirements. MFT helps via features like:
- Secure, automated batch file transfers
- Encrypted connections to trading partners, both on-premises and in the cloud
- Flexible options for secure file transfers to meet various trading partner requirements
- File encryption (e.g. OpenPGP) for compliance with PCI DSS, SOX, GLBA, etc.
- Easy auditing for tracking file movements and detecting transfer errors
Get the Report: Cybersecurity Challenges in Financial Services
Secure File Sharing for Your Financial Organization
Discover how you can secure, streamline, and centralize your organization’s data movement with one easy to use tool: GoAnywhere MFT. It’s a flexible, scalable solution that can meet you where you’re at now and grow with your business processes into the future, all while safeguarding your data from common cybersecurity risks.