Recent posts on this blog have outlined reasons to consider installing a file transfer system that will help streamline productivity and secure the transfer of sensitive documents. We understand that selecting a product can be time consuming. To help you make the most educated decision, here are a few more helpful suggestions to consider when selecting a managed file transfer solution.
- Easy to learn and easy to use: The managed file transfer (MFT) system you choose should have an intuitive interface that can be learned quickly. No programming skills should be required. If it isn't easy to use, end-users and non-IT personnel will shy away from using it.
- Audit trails: The secure file transfer solution should produce comprehensive audit trails of all file transfer activity and support SYSLOG feeds to a central logging server.
- Produces alerts: An automated file transfer solution should be able to send you email alerts or texts instantly when problems occur.
- Password security: The managed file service you choose should not show password values on any screens or logs. Encrypts all passwords that are stored.
- Remote access: The file transfer product allows for remote administration and monitoring of file transfers, preferably through the browser.
- Web site transfers: The file transfer solution needs the ability to support HTTP and HTTPS protocols for transferring data.
Related Reading: What to Consider when Selecting Managed File Transfer Software
Implementing a managed file transfer solution in your organization can help you save time and money. By choosing a comprehensive solution that works, you'll be able to complete menial tasks and allow your department to concentrate on the larger picture.
Our solution, GoAnywhere MFT, allows organizations to secure and automate the exchange of data with their trading partners, customers, employees and internal systems. If you're still not sure what you are looking for, we'd be happy to schedule a demo with you to go over how GoAnywhere could fit your organization's needs.
Request a Demo