An enterprise-level FTP server is included in the free edition of GoAnywhere MFT, which provides an intuitive browser-based administrator dashboard, extensive security features, user management, file triggers and detailed audit trails. The free FTP server can be installed to a variety of platforms including Windows, Linux, UNIX and IBM i.
FTP Server Features:
- Remote administration and monitoring through a browser-based interface
- Multiple user authentication methods; database, Active Directory (AD), LDAP and IBM i
- Users can be restricted to specific home directories and subfolders
- Folder level permissions (upload, download, delete, rename, etc.) by user and group
- Disk quotas by user account
- Automatically encrypt files in targeted folders using AES256 encryption
- Restrict user logins to certain days-of-week or times-of-day
- Receive instant notifications on login failures and other errors
- View active sessions for logged-in users
- Create custom welcome and logout messages
- Configure maximum number of sessions, maximum login failures and idle timeouts
- Accept or reject files with certain extensions
- Block Brute-Force and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks with an automatic IP blacklist
- Support for multiple listeners with configurable port numbers
- Event triggers to automatically process files or send email notifications
- Support for client requests to resume file transfers
FTP Server Configuration
Audit trails (logs) are generated for all FTP sessions in GoAnywhere MFT to meet auditing and compliance requirements. This detail includes commands issued, messages, IP addresses, user ids and file names transferred. Logs can be viewed from within the browser-based administrator, and can be filtered by date range, user name, file name and other criteria. Log messages can additionally be sent to a SYSLOG server using UDP or TCP connections.
Download the free edition of GoAnywhere MFT and experience its powerful FTP server.