Commands and APIs are provided to allow external applications to run file transfers and workflows (Projects) in GoAnywhere MFT. These commands and APIs are available at no additional charge and can be installed onto Windows, UNIX, LINUX, IBM i (iSeries), HP-UX and Solaris platforms. The GoAnywhere MFT commands can be run from system command lines, scripts, programming languages (e.g. JAVA and .NET), 3rd party schedulers, and SOAP and REST Web Services.
Since the commands and APIs make requests to GoAnywhere MFT using the standard HTTP(S) protocol, these commands can connect from other systems on the IP network. This allows a single install of GoAnywhere MFT to execute and manage all the file transfer needs within an environment.
The commands have several parameters which can be specified by the user or application including:
- Name of the Project to execute
- User and password for authentication
- Host name (or IP address) and port number of the GoAnywhere MFT server
- Variables names and values to override in the Project, such as file names, folder names, IP addresses, etc.
- Job Queue priority
GoAnywhere Command Integration
GoAnywhere MFT includes GoAnywhere Command, a RESTful Web API that can be used to automate your file transfer processes, run projects and workflows, add new users, work with keys, manage jobs, and more.
Use this integration on the command line to call the following actions in your GoAnywhere environment:
- Add, Remove, Import, Export, and Promote:
- Virtual Folders and Files
- Run Project
- Pause Job
- Resume Job
- Get Job Log
- Cancel Job
- Update Web User