SFTP Server Features:
- Highly scalable with no restrictions on the number of trading partners
- Support for multiple listeners with configurable port numbers
- Remote administration and monitoring through a browser-based interface
- Robust security and granular permission controls
- Multiple authentication methods; database, Active Directory (AD), LDAP and IBM i
- Administrators can view active sessions for logged-in users
- Event triggers to automatically process files or send email notifications
- Support for client requests to resume file transfers
- Configurable settings for maximum number of sessions, maximum login failures and idle timeouts
- ZLIB compression to reduce bandwidth requirements
- Ability to accept or reject files with certain extensions
- Allows only strong NIST-certified encryption algorithms when in FIPS 140-2 Compliance mode
- Can be installed in the private network without opening inbound ports, when paired with GoAnywhere Gateway in the DMZ
Audit trails (logs) are generated for all SFTP and SCP sessions in GoAnywhere MFT to meet auditing and compliance requirements. This detail includes commands issued, messages, IP addresses, user ids and file names transferred. Log messages can additionally be sent to a SYSLOG server using UDP or TCP connections.
SSH Key Management
Intuitive graphical screens are provided in GoAnywhere MFT to allow for the management of SSH Keys. This Key Manager can be used to create SSH public and private keys, import and export keys, and view keys. Both RSA and DSA key types are supported with key lengths up to 4096 bits.
High Availability Planning with SFTP
When it comes to file transfers, it’s critical that organizations are able to complete them without disruption. Businesses can choose from either active-passive and active-active high availability plans. Active-passive plan failure downtime for trading partners can run from a few seconds to a few hours depending on what how organizations start the passive system. Active-active plan failure downtime is most commonly zero because there is always a backup system that can take over in a moment of system failure. These high availability plans can help organizations minimize and avoid downtime, meet SLAs, and increase user satisfaction.
Standards Support for SFTP Server
The SFTP server in GoAnywhere MFT provides support for the following standards:
- Triple DES (DESede)